10 products that will help you to deal with insomnia
Each of us faced insomnia at least once in their lives. Often this happens after a lot of stress or before an important event. It seems you should get a good night’s sleep but you can’t get rid of intrusive thoughts in your mind. What to do in these situations and how to behave when insomnia becomes a constant companion? Here’s a list of products that should help you.
1. Bananas. Not only they contain melatonin, a hormone produced by the brain during sleep, and serotonin, a hormone which has a major role in the regulation of mental processes: mood, sleep and appetite, they are also rich in magnesium, which reduces muscle tone and help to relax.
2. Herbal tea. Herbal tea has a calming effect, it is a natural remedy for a distressed body.
3. Warm milk. No, it’s not a myth. Milk contains tryptophan , an amino acid that works as sedative. In addition, a cup of warm milk brings back to childhood and soothes the soul.
4. Honey. Put a little honey to your herbal tea or a glass of warm milk. High sugar levels stimulate, but it also brings some of the glucose to the brain and announces that it is time to sleep.
5. Potatoes. A little baked potato will not overload your stomach, and cleanse it from the acids, which hinder absorption of tryptophan.
6. Oatmeal. Oats are rich in melatonin. A small bowl of oatmeal with maple syrup is not only healthy, but also delicious.
7. Almonds. A handful of these nuts will help you fall asleep, because they contain tryptophan and magnesium.
8. Flax and sesame seeds. When everything in life is slipping, try putting a few tablespoons of these seeds into you oatmeal and eat it before going to bed. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, natural source of good mood.
9. Whole grain bread. Eat a slice of bread with honey and drink some tea. Your body will start to produce insulin, which helps tryptophan to reach your brain, then it will turn into serotonin, and you will fall asleep.
10. Corn Flakes. They make your body to produce serotonin. Ongoing neurochemical reactions relax, calm down and slow down your digestive system.