How is fast food related to depression?
There is no surprise that fast food is responsible for many health problems, including obesity, diabetes and high level of bad cholesterol. However, some researches already suggest that fast food might be associated with depression. It was noticed that the more a person consumes fast food, the higher the chance of developing this mental illness. Multiple studies corroborate with these findings. It also turns out that symptoms of depression may worsen and become more frequent, if you regularly eat fast food.
Around 121 million of people all over the world have depression. This creates a big concern about relation between depression and fast food. Unfortunately, little is known about what foods can help prevent this disease. Some researches suggest that B group vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and olive oil can have a positive effect in treating depression or preventing it.
Here are some more tips how to reduce the risk of depression:
- Eat regularly and do not skip your breakfast. It is important that you would be full of energy all day long, and at night you would not feel too tired.
- Exercise regularly as this can help reduce stress. Aerobics and yoga exercises are by far the best to overcome stress and improve your mood.
- Eat healthy. Make sure your diet includes less fat, but it is high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Choose products that contain a lot of vitamin B and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Drink enough of water because a lack of it can easily worsen your mood and cause fatigue. Experts recommend drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. Avoid coffee, carbonated drinks and alcohol.
- Sleep well. Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours every night. If you suffer from sleep disorders, you should seek immediate help.