10 healthiest products on the planet
The benefits of these 10 superproducts have been proven long time ago. Not only they provide a lot of power, but also prevent diseases. Add them to your diet and you’ll soon enjoy the results.
- Lemons. Just one lemon has more than 100 percent of the daily recommended dose of vitamin C. This product increases the level of “good” cholesterol and strengthens bones. Citrus flavonoids may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and they also have anti-inflammatory effect.
- Broccoli. One broccoli has more than 100 percent of daily recommended dose of vitamin K and almost 200 percent of recommended daily intake of vitamin C. These two elements are vital for bone formation. Broccoli also helps to prevent many types of cancer.
- Black chocolate. Just 7 grams of dark chocolate a day can lower blood pressure. Cocoa powder has a lot of flavonoids and antioxidants that reduce the level of “bad” cholesterol and increase the level of “good” cholesterol.
- Potatoes. One potato has about 66 micrograms of folic acid, which is necessary for cell formation. Approximately the same amount of the substance is found in a glass of spinach or broccoli. Sweet potatoes have vitamin A which also helps to fight against cancer and improves immune system.
- Salmon. This is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are associated with lower risk of developing depression, heart diseases and cancer. 60 grams of salmon has approximately 50 percent of daily dose of niacin. This element prevents Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss.
- Walnuts. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce the level of cholesterol. It is scientifically proven that omega-3 fatty acids improve mood and fight cancerous cells.
- Avocados. Avocado is rich in healthy fats, which, according to one study, lower cholesterol by about 22 percent. Avocado has a lot of fiber and it contains 40 percent of the daily intake of folic acid, which can reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Garlic. Garlic is a powerful weapon against various diseases, which can actively inhibit the growth of various bacteria. It contains allicin, which has anti-inflammatory properties, it also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Spinach. Spinach is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin. These two immune boosting antioxidants are essential for eye health. Recent studies have revealed that among all the cancer fighting fruits and vegetables spinach are the most effective one.
- Beans. If you eat one serving of legumes (beans, peas or lentils) 4 times a week, you will reduce the risk of developing heart diseases by as much as 22 percent. The same habit and significantly reduces the risk of breast cancer.