5 herbs that we should not forget about all year long
- Parsley. It contains many minerals (iron, zinc, fluoride, potassium, phosphorous), and vitamins A, B, C and E. Parsley also contains inulin, which increases the absorption of calcium and magnesium, promoting the growth of intestinal microflora and helps reduce the risk of cancer. Parsley helps to normalize blood sugar levels, so it is recommended for diabetics. It also helps to reduce high blood pressure, and improves eyesight. This herb is used to promote excretion of urine, prostate inflammation and bloating.
- Basil. Basil oil is rich in substances that destroy bacteria and viruses, so this basil can be used to treat colds and reduce fever. Also basil lowers blood pressure, heals wounds, ulcers, eczema, disinfects oral cavity, prevents tooth decay and insomnia. Basil is used to treat rheumatism, nausea, vomiting and headaches.
- Dill. Dill is characterized by the same abundance of minerals and vitamins like parsley, but in addition it contains vitamin P, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels and capillaries and reduces their permeability. Dill purifies body, promotes excretion of urine, helps to normalize blood pressure, eliminates flatulence, improves digestion and it is rich in antioxidants. This herb is even used to treat hepatitis and ulcers.
- Coriander. Coriander ethereal oil contains as many as 11 active substances and its leaves and seeds are rich in many minerals and vitamins. Coriander improves heart function, helps to improve digestion, reduces triglyceride levels, cholesterol levels and gastric acidity. Coriander extract has a soothing effect.
- Rosemary. Rosemary extract helps protect DNA from harmful effects of free radicals, it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. It has the purifying effect, improves appetite and digestion as well as blood circulation. Rosemary is also known to reduce rheumatic pains. Rosemary is used in the cosmetic industry because it helps to stop skin aging process by slowing down the appearance of wrinkles.