What you need to know about mint
While science continues to rapidly move forward, those who want to be beautiful and healthy, often turn back to nature. This time we will talk about mint and its useful properties.
- Mint has soothing and antiseptic properties. It contains menthol, which shrinks blood vessels in skin’s surface and extends them in deeper levels.
- Mint can be used externally for baths and compresses. It is used to treat skin diseases, mastitis, and mouth cavity. It is also believed that mint helps to prevent tumors.
- Make a bath with mint. Pour one liter of boiling water on 50 g of mint leaves, boil it for 1-2 minutes and pour into the bath. It will help to treat damaged skin, sooth itching, allergic rashes and scrofula. Such bath will also help you fall asleep better.
- You can rub your face, neck and chest with an ice cube of mint tea. It will help maintain your skin tone. This is especially useful for people with oily skin.
- You can use essential mint oil on insect bites, irritations and sores. If you suffer from headaches or migraines, rub it to your temples. If you have a toothache, a drop of essential mint oil will relieve the pain.
- Fresh mint leaf tea is recommended for people with high blood pressure. If you have low blood pressure, it is better to refuse it.