Nowadays almost everybody has mental work so our brain has to cope with a huge workload. After all, we have to remember lots of information, learn how to use various devices, etc. So what are the things we should keep in mind in order to maintain normal brain work?
- Breakfast. Those who do not eat breakfast have a low glucose levels in the blood and that leads to reduced brain activity.
- Overeating. Overeating leads to accumulating bad cholesterol which has negative impact on our blood vessels, including brain blood vessels.
- Smoking. Smoking a cigarette gives an instant flow of blood to our brains so we feel that our concentration improves. However, the effect lasts only for 10 minutes. More and more studies have proved that smoking kills brain cells and this is one of the reasons of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Extremely high levels of sugar. High sugar level does not allow absorbing other substances very well.
- Air pollution. Our brain uses the maximum amount of oxygen we inhale. Breathing polluted air causes lack of oxygen in the brain and its activity starts to slow down.
- Lack of sleep. Long-term lack of sleep causes brain cells death.
- Drugs and alcohol. These addictions cause irreversible brain lesions.