From the old days evening primrose has been considered as a miraculous plant. Initially, it was noticed to be one of the energy sources. A bit later in the 1930s, when people started to extract oil from its small reddish seeds by means of cold pressure, it has become a remedy for healing wounds and eczema. It was also researched that people who eat its seeds feel better and recover from digestion diseases much faster.
So, for its outstanding traits evening primrose oil is now highly valued and used by millions of women. Want to learn more about it? Here are 10 facts about the evening primrose oil!
1. Evening primrose oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids including linoleic acid (LA) and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). These acids have an impact on specific functions of the women’s body and regulate their hormones activity.
2. Evening primrose oil helps to maintain healthy nails.
3. Evening primrose oil strengthens hair and improves their structure. This oil was also researched to prevent hair loss, cracking and give shine.
4. If you wish to keep your skin healthy and glowing, evening primrose oil is recommended. It is far less expensive than other face treatments and it does not focus solely on acne only, but on discoloration, dryness and rough skin as well.
5. Women should start using evening primrose oil during their pregnancy for preventing high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia), shortening labor, starting labor, and preventing late deliveries.
6. Evening primrose oil can help to lose some weight for those people who are 10 percent or more over their ideal weight. Besides, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, prevents the formation of blood clots.
7. Trying to protect your skin from aging? Evening primrose oil is rich in vitamin E which is an antioxidant known to be helpful in protecting the skin from harmful free radicals that cause aging processes.
8. Evening primrose oil is recommended for healing premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and its symptoms. This oil has been researched to make the cycle normal and reduce its pain.
9. Evening primrose and its oil are especially recommended for older women who face menopause symptoms.
10. Evening primrose oil helps to regulate cholesterol levels, atherosclerosis and reduces risk of heart disease.