The war between coffee lovers and coffee critics probably will never end. It has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, these facts will be interesting for both groups of people.
- Coffee and alcohol is a good combination. Scientists have proved that those who drink this combination (in small amounts!) have a smaller risk of developing liver cirrhosis.
- Caffeine reduces the risk of skin cancer. Body lotions with caffeine (coffee or green tea) prevent developing malignant tumors.
- One or two cups of coffee per day improve mood and well-being. However, you shouldn’t abuse. Those who drink more, have a risk of experiencing panic attacks.
- Those who do not drink coffee at all have a bigger risk to develop Parkinson’s disease.
- Although coffee reduces the risk of developing type II diabetes, diabetics should avoid coffee as it can complicate the control of sugar levels in the blood.
- If you are feeling muscle pain after intensive work out, a cup of coffee can fix that. Studies have shown that coffee reduces muscle pain better than aspirin.
- Coffee improves short term memory.
Although coffee has many advantages, you shouldn’t start drinking coffee if you haven’t before. Remember that every human is unique so the recommendation to drink 2-3 cups of coffee per day may not perfectly be suitable for everybody. If you feel that your body doesn’t tolerate coffee, choose green tea. Just make sure you listen to your body.