Bad mood, constant desire to snack, tears, and insomnia are just a few of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). The experts of women’s say that it is possible to avoid PMS, you just need to know a few important rules.
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day. You can choose dancing, horse riding, swimming or even walking. Any physically activity is ok. Also spend 1-3 hours per week for aerobics or other muscle strengthening activities. This not only will strengthen your muscles, but also help you control sadness, anxiety and regulate body weight.
2. Sleep on your back. Other sleep position creates an additional weight for uterus, which can cause abdominal pain. Lying on your back reduces this pressure on, so you sleep better.
3. Adjust your diet. Try eating healthy and balanced food. Your menu should include plenty of vegetables and grain products. Avoid sugar, honey and white flour. Do not exaggerate with fruits and fruit juice.
4. Take food supplements. Add folic acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B-6 and vitamin D to your diet.
5. Use herbal medicines. Did you know that primrose oil help to reduce PMS symptoms? Ginger, raspberry leaf and dandelion will also help you to calm down.
6. Avoid stress. Try different relaxation techniques: deep breathing, meditation, yoga, massages.
7. Do not smoke. If you need a good reason to quit smoking, here is one: researches show that women who smoke have twice the number of negative PMS symptoms than those who had never smoked.
8. Reduce the consumption of alcohol and caffeine. These products greatly enhance PMS symptoms.
9. Consult with your doctor. If you can no longer tolerate emotional or physical pain, contact a professional. A family physician or gynecologist will suggest the most effective measures to remove the symptoms of PMS.
10. Use proper hygiene measures. It will not remove emotional sensitivity, but it will strengthen the sense of security and self-confidence.