Magnesium. Your best friend if you have stress
Many of us do not realize how vital is magnesium for our health. This mineral is one of the most necessary to human body. The lack of it disturbs metabolism of other trace elements, weakens nerves and muscles. Your muscles do not receive signals from the brain to calm down and relax, which causes stress, insomnia and depression. People who lack magnesium constantly feel sleep, tired and they have muscle cramps.
Magnesium also makes a number of enzymes involved in the body metabolic processes work. Our body would not be able to function without it.
What are the signs warn of magnesium deficiency?
Here are the basic symptoms of deficiency of magnesium. If you have noticed a few of them, you should do the blood test immediately.
- Fatigue. If you constantly feel tired and find it hard to focus on working, this can be a sign you lack magnesium.
- Depression. You always have bad thoughts, mood swings and emotional exhaustion.
- Inexplicable inner anxiety, tension. Anxiety is one of the main symptoms of a lack of magnesium. If you are constantly stressed and you suffer from anxiety, you probably just lack magnesium.
- Impaired concentration. Is it hard to focus and maintain attention? Most likely, you just need to get more magnesium.
- Disorders of heart rhythm. Do you feel any pains in the area of heart?
- Restless sleep. Difficulty to fall asleep, waking up frequently at night can all be related to a lack of magnesium.
- Muscle cramps.
- Feeling cold even when it’s warm in the area where you are.
Which products are rich in magnesium?
There is no need to buy magnesium supplements as soon as you notice any of the signs of lack of this trace element. You can get magnesium from a variety of foods. Here is a list of the best sources of magnesium:
Fruits: bananas, avocados, grapefruit, dried apricots, dried figs.
Greens and vegetables: broccoli, spinach, soy beans, peas, fennel, kohlrabi.
Cereal products and nuts: sunflower, linseed, pumpkin seeds, almonds, buckwheat.
Other products: dark chocolate, halva, marzipan, black tea, goat cheese, salmon.