10 tips how to reduce the level of your cholesterol
Is the level of your cholesterol too high and you want to reduce it? Here are 10 tips that you should start following today.
1. Instead of hot dogs and hamburgers, salami and mayonnaise you eat a delicious sandwich made from whole grain bread, lean turkey and lots of vegetables. All burgers, mayonnaise, hot dogs and salami contain unhealthy fats and cholesterol.
2. Fish such as salmon is very good for people who have a high level of cholesterol. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids (good fats). Another great source of omega-3 is flax seeds and flaxseed oil.
3. Avoid trans fats! They not only raise your bad cholesterol, but also reduce the level of your good cholesterol! Avoid foods such as margarine and processed foods that contain soy.
4. Eat nuts! Walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, cashew, pecan nuts are all great for you.
5. Limit the number of desserts you have. Choose fresh fruit and low-fat yogurt.
6. Eat foods high in fiber, like wholegrain bread, oats, fruits, vegetables.
7. Use grill. If you’ve decided to eat a roast or a hamburger, cook it on a grill. Make sure you use lean meat.
8. Find new salad dressings. Most of them, which you can buy in stores are too full of trans fats and cholesterol. Olive oil is a great dressing for your salads. A bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice is another great option that will not harm your body.
9. Feel free to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. They are rich in nutrients and a variety of antioxidants.
10. Avoid fast food such as fries or any other food cooked in fat. They will raise your cholesterol to the sky. So keep away from them.