5 reasons to eat breakfast every day
All nutritionists advise that breakfast is a must. Depending on your physical activity and various personal details, breakfast should contain about 20-25 percent of your total daily calorie intake. Here are 5 reasons why you should never skip your breakfast.
1. Breakfast improves mood and performance. Daily food ritual improves attention, memory, and mood. If you get up early and eat your breakfast, you will not feel hungry when you get to work, and have more energy, so you will be in a good potential to do more work.
2. Breakfast helps to lose weight. Having breakfast every day at the same time speeds up your metabolism, because calories are burned faster. After 4-6 hours after eating, your metabolism begins to slow down.
3. Breakfast enhances immunity. Research has shown that people who do not eat breakfast are more likely to catch cold or flu. Breakfast that are rich in vitamins and other useful substances strengthens the immune system and protects against infections.
4. Breakfast leads to healthier food choices. It is observed that those who refuse breakfast, are 40 percent more likely to eat sweets during the day and 55 percent more likely to drink more sugary carbonated beverages. They also choose vegetables at lunch 45 percent less often and 30 percent eat less fruit. This can be explained by the fact that breakfast will provide sufficient energy, so you will have no need to suppress hunger later with fatty or sweet dishes.
5. Breakfast is beneficial to your health. American Heart Association has made a research and found out that men who did not eat breakfast for many years increase the risk of having a heart attack and developing hear diseases by 27 percent. According to scientists, those who do not eat breakfasts tend to eat larger portions for lunch and dinner and they often choose to order desserts or fattier dishes. This has a direct effect on blood pressure and, of course, the heart.