The best properties of oats
Oats are one of the most valuable cereals. You can make a wide variety of dishes from oats. But did you know their useful properties?
- Oats are useful because of their chemical composition. They have many important minerals and vitamins (like, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, chromium, cobalt, iron, fluorine, iodine, Vitamins A, E, B1, B2, B6, and P).
- Oat meal is rich in protein and fiber. It improves metabolism, and grows muscle mass. One bowl of porridge contains a quarter of the total daily amount of fiber.
- Oat porridge stimulates bowel activity and improves metabolism. It is recommended for people with digestive disorders, because it covers stomach walls with protective layer and protects against mechanical and chemical damage. Oat porridge acts as intestinal broom. It helps to remove slag and toxins from the body.
- Oats contain fluoride and calcium, which are required for the formation of bones and prevention of anemia. Oats are a great antioxidant. All Hollywood stars include it in their diet.
- Oats stimulate mental activity and improve memory. Cardiff University (UK) researchers conducted a study in which a group of volunteers were eating oat meal every day all month long. The experiment showed that after a week, the participants improved their brain activity, they became more active, and they have improved their mood.
- Oat porridge contains biotin which is beneficial for the skin and it is used as an aid for patients with dermatitis or allergies.
- Oatmeal reduces cholesterol levels in the blood. It is also a good cardiovascular health prevention measure. And it helps regulate blood pressure.
- Oats are useful for patients suffering from diabetes. They help remove excess fluid from the body.